What the Port of Poulsbo does for you
- Provides the greatest public access to Liberty Bay in Poulsbo.
- Serves as an economic engine for the community.
- Provides a voice for citizens on Poulsbo and Liberty Bay Community issues.
- Working to increase public space, waterfront access and downtown parking.
- Performs as environmental steward for the Liberty Bay community.
- Works to preserve property values of district residents.
Current and future Port projects include
- Construction of a public community dock.
- Replacement of the breakwater protecting the downtown shoreline and marina.
- On-going creosote piling removal.
- Enhancement of the Poulsbo Seaplane Base.
- Rehabilitation of Poulsbo’s only public boat launch.
Facts about Port Enlargement Initiative
- Will increase the Port District by 2,262 residences, allowing for greater citizen input.
- Will increase tax revenues for the Port District by approximately $147,000.
- Will increase taxes for the average household in the proposed enlargement area by approximately $65.
- Will enable the Port District for finance critical projects, such as replacement of the breakwater protecting the downtown shoreline.
- Will NOT impose additional regulations on district residents.
For the legal description of the proposed enlargement area, CLICK HERE.